Pages

Friday, December 4, 2020

Grateful Friday

There is comfort in switching on the fireplace in the chilly morning.

There is magic in the morning star over the mountain before the sun comes up.

There is beauty in the glowing Christmas tree.

There is energy emanating from the walls of my school.  I feel it when I walk down the halls.  I felt it the first time I went there.

There is joy anticipating a weekend of traditional Christmas activities (also laundry).

There is tranquility in cleared-off surfaces.

There is warmth in the smiling eyes of my friends at school (I never see their mouths, but the eyes say a lot).

There is love in coming home to Adam making dinner and Mark greeting me at the door to take my overstuffed bag.

There is hope in thinking of my Savior and the way He blesses our lives.  There is peace in knowing He knows how to succor us.

The world is so full of a number of things, I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings.

Robert Louis Stevenson


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails