Pages

Friday, December 11, 2020

Grateful Friday

Yesterday was the first time I had ever felt actually sad about one of my children's birthdays.  Mark growing up just hit me.  I'm grateful for understanding friends who...you know...understood.  Jamie, who has kids about the same age as mine, prescribed Oreos and watching a sad movie and just crying it all out.

We went to Red Robin instead because that was the birthday boy's wish and he was king for the day.  I feel less sad today and he is no longer king.  It was a one time deal for both of us.

In general, having grown children is kind of delightful.

I love that our kids are able to pursue their dreams and follow their passions and have opportunities.  I know what a blessing and luxury that is!  

This week, Braeden gave a lecture at BYU.  Adam and Mark watched the broadcast but I was teaching math at the time.

Adam took a few pictures for me.  I love this one because I can tell he is about to say something witty.  It's the same expression he'd get when he was three and he was telling me knock knock jokes.




He inserted a few jokes into his presentation that he knew Adam (and only Adam) would get.  



Braeden for president!  He'd have my vote.



 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails