Pages

Monday, February 15, 2021

Blog coverage

 We decided that since Valentine's Day was on Sunday this year, we would revisit our intermittent tradition of a seven course meal.  The BYU kids were all in.

We planned it out a full week in advance because a seven course meal is not something to be taken lightly.

Adam was the head chef and Mark and I were the sous chefs.  Also I set the table and figured out all the serving dishes.

Setting the table for Valentine's Day should be done with abandon.  I created a table that was too much and then I added some stuff.


Dinner lasted two hours.  We ate slowly as the courses were presented.  We visited and laughed a lot.  It was lovely.

After everyone had left and we started the dishwasher for the first of many many times until the dishes will be done (not done yet), Adam asked me if I had pictures.

He said, "I want blog coverage."

Turns out Emma had taken pictures so here we have blog coverage, for our family scrapbook/journal/record.

(Because we want to remember.)

Appetizer:  baked eggs and wild mushrooms on toast


Soup: tomato and roasted red pepper


Salad:  arugula, basil, tomatoes, marinated fresh mozzarella in a balsamic vinaigrette


Entree: steak and herb cheese and green beans


Emma is trying out being a vegetarian for February (She's never really liked meat that much.) so Adam grilled marinated portobello mushrooms for her.


Her plate looks like a face.

Sorbet (to cleanse the palette):  strawberry hibiscus


Dessert:  chocolate covered strawberries


Cheese


My favorite part of the cheese course was the homemade tomato jam that our neighbors gifted us with for Christmas.  It was delicious!

I love Valentine's day and the people I shared it with.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Wow! That's amazing!

Geri said...

The food looks delicious and the company superb.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails