Pages

Friday, February 12, 2021

Grateful Friday

 In our ward we have "pods" of women we are assigned to minister to.  I was recently assigned to a new pod and we went out to dinner together last night.

I haven't been out to dinner with friends for at least a year.  It was really nice.  The four of us know each other but it was nice to visit and get to know each other better.  I'm the oldest in the group and also two of them are remarried.  When one of them asked how long Adam and I had been married, they were astounded by 25 years.  

The conversation was mostly about children like it is when mothers get together.  One is the mother of sons and I assured her with the advice Geri gave me once.  If you can let your sons live between the ages of 11 and 15, you can do anything.

It's true.

The other two are mothers of teen and preteen daughters.  I assured them that eventually their daughters will be restored to their sweet native dispositions.  They'll like you again.

They lamented that they wanted their kids to find "their thing" and good friends.

Every stage of motherhood seems to come with its own set of worries and feelings of I-don't-know-how-to-do-this, but I'm glad to have a lot of that in the rearview mirror.

I'm glad my three are well past the teenage/preteen angst.  I'm grateful they all have very much found their thing and they all have good friends.  

I'm grateful to be a woman and a mother and for the joy that comes from getting together and visiting about it all.

I'm grateful for 25 years with Adam.

Also, this was tucked into my lunch bag this morning, from Mark:


We're celebrating Valentine's Day at school today so chances are there will be enough chocolate but, you know, be prepared.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I love Mark's thoughtfulness!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails