Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Prayers

 One of my student's mother emailed me yesterday and asked me to pray for them because they had their green card interview.  I said absolutely.  And I did pray for them.  My opinion is throw opportunity around like confetti.

Another student asked me how soon until March.  I said, "A few days."

He said, "What day is March 1st?"

I showed him on the calendar.  He said, "OK.  Because that's when my milk expires."

If you're wondering how much children share about their home lives, the answer is quite a bit.  And I told him he'd better get drinking.

I have a student who has a sentence written on a card that the special ed. teacher wrote for him.  He doesn't know much English, but he reads, "Mrs. Davis, will you help me please?"

I'd pretty much drop everything for him when he haltingly reads that sentence for me.

Over tacos ($1 street tacos at Don Joaquins on Tuesday night.  Please and thank you) Adam solved an annoying problem that had me stumped.  I also congratulated him on being the genius mastermind of getting Mark to talk.  Mark is not what you'd call an oversharer.

I'm sorry for everyone who doesn't have Adam as a husband.  

Today is Emma's birthday.  22 years old.  

22 years ago on February 16, I went to bed miserable and impatient.  You've never met a more impatient pregnant woman than I was with all three.  I prayed before bed and pleaded for relief.  I crawled into bed and my water broke.

I hope my prayers on behalf of green cards are heard as clearly and answered as swiftly.


2 comments:

Marianne said...

I hope so too!

Mark Dahl said...

Hope you have a great celebration with Emma Jayne.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails