Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2021

At the end of a long day

Mark hugged me and sent me for a nap.  Adam came home from work and hugged me and we went to JCW's for dinner.  These guys know how to take care of me.

Emma does too.  She is in a creative writing class and they are writing terrible poetry.   Her teacher gave them a list of 10 things to make their poetry terrible and Emma, overachiever that she is, used all ten.

 

Roses are red--violets are Blue 

Thy fair ocean Eyes are, too

Like beautiful Juliet and heartstricken Romeo

To a tragic early Grave thou shalt reluctantly go


'Twas early spring when I look't on thy Angelic face

Our joyful first Kiss:  it earned First place

Where'er we do meet, in green Forest--or under a blanket of stars

Thou shalt forever be in my heart




It's nice to have consoling people and terrible poetry at the end of a long day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails