Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Conspiracy

 I usually think conspiracy theories and people who believe them are a little (or a lot) wacky, but I think something nefarious is afoot here.

Adam bought me a Marimekko duvet cover for Christmas.  It makes my heart skip a beat.


This is not our bed because if you think our bed is nicely made this morning, you would be wrong.

Even in its current rumpled state, it is cheerful and beautiful.  Ever since I first saw Marimekko designs, it was love.  (It's a Finnish company and I am guessing perfect to brighten long dark winters.)

Also, it doesn't fit our comforter; it's way too big.  We've had that comforter for years and I wash it periodically in hot water so I reasoned the comforter had shrunk.  We went to Ikea Friday night for some storage solutions for my classroom.  (I inherited a classroom that was almost completely stripped of it's permanent storage by a previous teacher.  Everything I have was either brought from home or dragged from the surplus pile in the hall in the summer.)  We picked up another duvet.

Adam looked at the online order of the duvet cover and the package of the new duvet.  The Ikea duvet is ten inches narrower than the Marimekko cover and 4 inches shorter.

Why can't the Finns and the Swedes get along?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails