Pages

Friday, February 3, 2023

Grateful Friday

I have known in one part of my brain that Adam and I are going on a trip March 1-7.  In another part of my brain, I held the fact that our 3rd grade field trip was on March 3.

Yesterday these two parts of my brain communicated with each other.

I felt like the actual worst!  How did I miss that?!?

I will have a sub, but also Julie, one of the administrators, agreed to go on the field trip in my stead. I am so grateful for her willingness! 

Also, yesterday I sat in a meeting and the person next to me showed me something on her screen.  I noticed that she had over 26,000 unread email!  26,000.  How is that even possible?

I'm grateful to know that 1) I'm not the only one who is sort of a hot mess and 2) I don't have 26,000 unread email.

***

I'm grateful my week of traffic duty is (almost) over.

***

I'm grateful for my dad.

I've been thinking about him ever since Wednesday when I talked to him and he told me all about the ways he's figured out that we can easily winterize our house in Nevada so we don't have to heat it when we aren't there.

My dad is creative and a fixer.  My whole life, whenever anything is broken, I have had a lot of confidence my dad would and could fix it.

As long as he is in the world, figuring things out and ready to fix whatever it is, I feel like the world is a safer place.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I feel like that too!

Olivia Cobian said...

I have two email addresses now. One is largely for junk (anytime you order anything online or make a login, you have to give an email address). I just checked the junk email, and yep, I have 26,123 unread emails there! I figure the emails are there for me; I'm not there for them. If I need/want to read them, I can find them by doing a search, but I don't owe them anything. I feel the same way about facebook and instagram notifications. I want to be friends with your "hot mess" colleague. We are kindred spirits.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails