Pages

Friday, February 10, 2023

Grateful Friday

Yesterday my mom texted that my grandma rallied once she was home and was "ruling the roost."

I wouldn't want it any other way.

We went to visit in the early evening.  I saw two aunts, an uncle, two cousins and my mom.  And of course, my sweet grandma.

Adam and Mark and Steve and Michael moved a queen sized bed from downstairs up for whoever was there for the night to stay in going forward.  I pretended like I was in charge of the furniture moving.

I started to tell my grandma about a trade the Jazz had made, but I could only remember one of the names, so that wasn't too helpful.

My grandma struggles a lot to talk right now.  There was a social worker there at one point and she was trying really hard to say something to him and he didn't understand.

I said, "She's saying that I'm named after her."

I've never been anywhere with my grandma or met anyone, without her telling them that.

I wouldn't want it any other way.

I got my grandma a small dish of jello for her to try to eat.  She wanted to say a blessing before she ate.  I couldn't understand all the words she said, but I did hear her praying for people.

My love for her is too big to be contained and it keeps coming out my eyes.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

This post makes my love come out of my eyes! You are doing a wonderful job taking care of her name!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails