Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2023

The Bermuda triangle

Here are the three sides of my triangle:  Valentine's Day, Parent Teacher Conferences and inside recess.

Cue scary music.

In clearing off my desk yesterday, underneath it all I found a little bag of the student council valentines.  The student council does this program where they have every kid make a valentine for at least one person in their class (with the teacher making sure everyone gets one) and then they can make other valentines for friends or siblings in the school and the student council organizes and delivers them all.

I handed out the valentines yesterday morning since I'd forgotten the day before.

What a disaster.

First of all, they all came with suckers so everyone had a sucker in their mouth at 8:00 in the morning.  (Why didn't I hand them out as they were walking out the door at the end of the day?  That is a very good question.)

Secondly, the kids who only got one valentine were mad and demanded that since some kids got more, why didn't they? (I promise I'm not keeping them for myself.)

I explained that some of the other kids got valentines from their brothers or sisters.  Then they wondered where there's were because they have brothers and sisters in the school.  

Take that up with them, I guess.  

If I had passed them out with all the other valentine mayhem, no one would have noticed. Big teacher fail.

By the time we got to lunch recess, which was indoors and wild, one girl said she hated everyone then she was upset that no one would play the card game War with her.  Finally a boy said he would and she said she didn't want to play with him.  So I said I would play with him and she sat on the floor and wailed.

Meanwhile another girl was upset because her water bottle had a crack in the lid and I didn't think scotch tape would exactly fix it.

Meanwhile about six boys were having a heated debate about the rules of Uno.

Looks like today is another inside recess day.

I'm considering moving to Miami.

Parent teacher conferences are sometimes great and sometimes frustrating and sometimes very revealing.  They are also exhausting and long.  Being at the school for 12 hours sucks the life force out of me.

And we do it all over again today.

  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails