Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Song and dance

We're doing word problems in math.  Two step word problems.  Because when most of your students are poor readers, why not?!?

Ugh.

It's been hard.

I read the problems to them.  They look at me blankly.  Then I explain the problems.  They look at me blankly.

Yesterday I was drawing pictures and highlighting information in the pictures with arrows and words.  I would have added flashing lights if I could figure out how.

One little girl who is as adorable and quick witted and she is stubborn and recalcitrant, said, "Wow! I...appreciate your enthusiasm."

She didn't do the math problem, but I valued her appreciation all the same.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Good to know you are appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails