Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2023

Homebody

It snowed.  So much snow.  I took this picture out our bedroom window.  It is the little balcony and the roof of our deck.  This was in the morning and the snow just got deeper.


I talked to Braeden while he rode his bike to class.  He was wearing a t-shirt and shorts.

I wrote many many sub plans.  I created groups of students for the field trip.  I answered a few emails from parents who had questions.

I did laundry.  So much laundry.

I emptied the dishwasher and baked the gluten free breakfast bars Mark and I like.  I listened to this week's Follow Him podcast.  I did some cross-stitch and read my book.  I watered the plants.  I set up a radon test and went through the mail.

I rescheduled a doctor's appointment with an endocrinologist since I rage quit the last one (after I sat there for 40 minutes).

It made me feel like a responsible grown up, but also my mom told me to reschedule.

Sometimes you just need a day to catch up on all the things.

Mark finishes work at 5:30.  He went outside with the snowblower and then it started snowing again.  Really thick snow.  We went to the grocery store after Adam got home and the driveway was coated again.  

I told him he had done a really terrible job with the snowblower.  He gave me the look my children only reserve for me.  They don't think I'm very funny.  He forgave me though.  When we were walking in the parking lot of the store, he held out his arm for me to hang onto over the ice.  His aged mother.  He's a good boy.

We're grateful for the snow.  I am also trying to remember what green grass looks like.  

Spring will come eventually.  It always does. (And it is 80 degrees in New Orleans, where we wake up a week from today.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails