Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Confusion reigned

I talked to my dad on the way home from school and he told me that 1) he'd plowed us out so we could get propane delivered at Pleasant Hill, and 2) the gauge read 80% so maybe they already brought propane?  But he didn't see any tracks (so they are stealthy) and it is at 80% so if they did fill it up, maybe we have a leak.

I got home and Adam's car was in the garage, which made me very happy.  I had a headache all day and I'd taken some Excedrin at lunchtime, which sometimes makes me feel all better and sometimes makes me feel really loopy and this was one of the loopy times.  Adam's car in the garage made me feel better.

Except Adam wasn't home.

Mark was home, working.  I asked him between phone calls where his dad was and why his car was in the garage.  

Mark didn't know but had a vague notion that there had been a white Honda in the driveway at some point.

So was Adam kidnapped?!?

His phone showed he was still Salt Lake and Mark got another phone call, so I was left to puzzle that out on my own.

I called one of my besties at Wells Propane.

She said, "Yes, your tank was filled up on 3/23."

I said, "My dad said it is at 80%, so do you know how much it was filled?"

She said, "It was filled up.  I think they put 50% in."

I said, "50% or filled up?"

She said, "Yes."

I said, "It says 80% now."

She said, "Yes, we filled it up."

I wondered if there was a hidden camera somewhere watching me.

I said, "I don't understand.  Isn't 100% filled up?"

She said, "We don't fill it up all the way so it can expand when it gets warm."

Ahh.

Then I went to take a nap.  The nap didn't take, Mark got finished with work and we theorized about Adam's whereabouts.  

Finally, Adam called me.  Mark said, "Put it on speaker phone."

I said, "Adam, have you been kidnapped?!?"

He said, "No."

Mark said, "Say something only Adam would know."

Adam said, "There's a logical explanation."

And there was.  It involved his coworkers and the WGU car.  

Our theories were much more interesting though.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails