Pages

Friday, March 31, 2023

Grateful Friday

Yesterday my class noticed that I'd put up an Easter decoration.  I was filled with regret because they got so riled up about it.

Discussion ensued:

Was the Easter Bunny real or not.

Was the Easter Bunny creepy or not.

What were we doing to celebrate Easter in class?  Were we having a party?  Is today Easter?!?

Easter is on a Sunday.  On April 9.

Is it always on Sunday?

Why is it on Sunday?

Why can't we have school on Easter?

All from a Mary Engelbreit Easter picture that has never caused any discussion in the past.

I'm grateful we won't have school on Easter.

I'm grateful for spring break and conference weekend and a road trip with Adam and Easter with our family.  It feels like a lot to look forward to and I'm here for it.

Last night Adam and I went to Salt Lake (which was noble of Adam because he'd just been to Salt Lake).  Adam dropped me off and then found wifi to work and Emma and I went shopping for her birthday that was in February.  I was seated on a comfy chair outside the dressing rooms and Emma came out with a big smile because she liked the clothes and it made it all worth it.

Making my children happy is the best.

Adam came back and we ate dinner at Cupbop and then Emma went home and Adam and I bought my birthday gift.  It was a birthday sort of evening.

My laptop is ten years old and I got a new one!

Yesterday there was driving snow on two occasions.  A complete whiteout that drew my students out of their chairs and had them pressing their faces against the window.

"Sit down," I said.  "I know you've seen snow before."  We've.  All.  Seen.  Snow.

I'm grateful it won't last forever.

It won't last forever, right?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails