Pages

Thursday, March 16, 2023

You never know what will happen

Yesterday it rained, hard.  It was an inside day.  My before school "traffic duty" was in the cafeteria, trying to keep the peace.

Mostly that meant stopping little boys from chasing each other.  

It was time to line up and three kindergarten boys were shoving each other.  I went over to them and told them to keep their hands to themselves.

One of them kept messing with the kid in front of him.  I said, "Hands to yourself," and I positioned myself so he knew my eyes were on him.

He looked up at me and asked, "What is your name?" like he was ready to report me to management.

I said, "Mrs. Davis, what's yours?" 

He might be in my class someday.  I need to make friends while I can.

During reading, we came upon one of our vocabulary words for the week, "conservation."

I asked what that meant.  One of my students said, "It's when two people talk to each other."

I wrote conservation and conversation on the board and I said that I saw why he got them confused, but they are two different words.  I said what each meant.

The student, who isn't a native English speaker, said, "That tricky *&%@#!"

Only one other student picked up on the swear word.  His eyes kind of bugged out of his eyes and I couldn't react (sometimes I actually miss my face mask).  I had to hold it together so I didn't alert anyone else.

Also, we had a pretty epic bloody nose, but no one threw up!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails