Pages

Thursday, March 2, 2023

So far so good

We left snow and cold and landed in a different world.

I watched the movie Emma on the plane.  It's always good to add a little Jane Austen into your life.  

Walking off the plane, I felt the warm humidity and I liked it.  I would probably feel differently about it in August, but it felt sublime.

We made our way to the rental car area.  You just pick whichever car you want in a certain section.  As soon as I saw the minivan, I knew that is what Adam would pick.  He will volunteer to give people he works with rides to and from the airport, because that is who he is and he will want them to be comfortable.  

You know how sometimes people will say they are too cool for a mini van?

That is not Adam.  Once a man in our ward in Washington, who was serving in YM with Adam, told him he was so uncool, it was cool.

That's my guy; I like him.

And he picked the minivan.

It was dark and we had no idea where to eat or what kind of neighborhood we were actually in, so we went to our hotel.  It is downtown, in the French Quarter according to my phone.

This was me taking a picture of the sky outside of our hotel.

notice my frizzy hair--it is the most humidity it has encountered in awhile

And this is the view from our room on the 14th floor.

We ended up walking down the block to the Tackle Box which was recommended by the woman at the hotel.  Adam got a shrimp po boy and I got a cheeseburger.  I asked Adam, "Am I basically just my dad, getting a cheeseburger?"

He said, "Maybe.  But I don't know if your dad would get that cheeseburger."

It had pimento cheese and bacon onion jam.  It was delicious.

I don't know what we're going to do today, or really any of the days.  Adam has work responsibilities and we are going to squeeze in sightseeing, but I don't know when or what.

That is sort of dizzying for a planner like me.

I just need to embrace the ambiguity.  That and the frizzy hair.




3 comments:

Geri said...

I remember being amazed I could get an oyster po boy at a Riverwalk stand. The height of indulgence getting seafood everywhere and it being so good. Enjoy the warmth and being able to walk outside without bundling up.

Marianne said...

Enjoy!!

Olivia Cobian said...

Have a wonderful, warm time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails