Pages

Friday, March 24, 2023

Grateful Friday

The other day I read these words:  You were born with a limitless amount of encouragements.

You can encourage over and over and over and never run out.  

I was thinking, There are a lot of things that are limitless.  You can also never run out of smiles and you can never run out of hellos.

You can also never run out of happy birthdays.  I was grateful yesterday for all the people who said happy birthday to me.  I think every adult in the building that I interacted with said "Happy Birthday!" to me with enthusiasm.  Several students in other grades did too!  So kind!  

I loved getting texts and phone calls and emails and messages and even some cards in the mail.

It was the first time in my life my grandma didn't sing to me on my birthday, but I thought of her so it's almost like she did.

Also, if you want to have a good birthday as an adult, an elementary school is not a bad place to be.  Teachers are thoughtful and that is all.

Adam came home from Phoenix yesterday and we went to dinner together and talked about being 50.  I said that everyone says, "Wow," when they find out you're 50.  Then they may add, "You don't look that old."

They are still saying you are old, you just don't look it.  Which I guess is better than also looking old.

I wondered if the best part of my life is over, but then I remembered our granddaughter.  Nope.  The best part is not over yet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails