Pages

Monday, March 20, 2023

Weekend

After school on Friday Miriam, Janelle and I got the stage all ready for our 3rd grade culture program on Monday.

It is either going to be really great or really chaotic.  It depends on if they get it together in front of an audience or not.  They know all the songs and parts, just the transitions are like trying to orchestrate pieces of paper in a wind storm.

We are singing songs and performing dances from different cultures and we decorated with flags and a poster of the world they colored.


Those balls are drums for an African dance Miriam's class is doing.

It made me laugh when my students were coloring their part of the poster and someone accidentally colored part of the ocean green.  They decided that it was algae.  Tell me you're from Utah County without telling me you're from Utah County.  These kids are growing up next to a green algae lake!

Janelle and I were climbing on a box which was on a wheels to try to hang the map and Riley, the head custodian, was there and NOT happy about it.  He is always lecturing me about climbing on things.  We remembered that Miriam is 6'2" so we stopped our efforts and got her to do it instead, which worked much better.

Riley and I also argued about which way a flag should be displayed vertically.  He said he would bet me $100 and I was confident, but not $100 confident.  And it turned out he was right.  All those years of teaching citizenship at Cub Scout Day camp were in vain.  Because I remembered wrong.

Saturday night we went to Temple Square and to a concert in the tabernacle.  Clarissa is in the Tabernacle Choir now and her training choir, The Chorale at Temple Square, was performing.

We picked up Emma on the way and stopped at Chipotle for dinner, which Mark didn't like because he's always cranky about Chipotle, but I loved.  We talked and laughed through dinner and I always have a good time with those three.

We sat on the second level of the tabernacle, as far as we could to house right.  We had a perfect view of our beautiful girl:


It was a wonderful concert between the choir and the orchestra and the soloists.  Humans are pretty remarkable!

Sunday I taught Sunday School for the first time.  It was terrifying.  Before, Mark told me that it was going to be so bad that the church was going to catch fire.  He was trying to make me laugh and it worked.

And the church didn't catch fire.  


1 comment:

Clarissa Johnson said...

Thanks for coming. I like the circle around me. Hahaha :) Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails