Pages

Monday, March 27, 2023

Weekend

I'm ready for spring, let me count the ways. Ugh.  I'm tired of snow and ice and cold weather!  Thursday and Friday we had inside recess.  On Friday three students lost the privilege to sit on wobble stools because they were standing on them (!) or kneeling on them at wild angles or turning them sideways and rolling on them.

I know they need recess, but I'm trying to keep them from bodily harm in the meantime....

We got five inches of new snow at our house.

Adam and I helped clean the church on Saturday.  He went earlier than I did because he was the leader of the cleaning team.  I parked on the sheet of ice that was the parking lot and held onto Joan for dear life until I got to the middle where there wasn't so much ice.  Our friends Stephanie and Rick were walking in at the same time and I said, "Is this how we die?!?"

Stephanie was clutching Rick to stay upright and said, "Maybe!"

Later, Adam was doing his thing in his office and I asked Mark what he wanted for dinner this week.  He said chicken tikka masala and that started a whole chain of events.

Cost Plus has had the Tiger Tiger tikka masala sauce we like most + I had a coupon for there that they sent me for my birthday.  I considered maybe we should go to Cost Plus (the closest one is in Fort Union) and then maybe we should go to IKEA to get some things for Pleasant Hill.  

I walked into Adam's office and asked him, "How would you like to be involved in a money spending opportunity?"

I'm like a multi-level marketing schemer, but opposite.

He saw my plan and raised me to Pirate-O's.  They have lots of international foods too.

So we abandoned the Saturday chores we had outlined for ourselves and hit the road.  I loved spending time with Adam although we were thwarted repeatedly.

We never found Tiger Tiger tikka masala (but we bought some other brands to audition as its replacement).  We also bought a Lion Bar to split and some Turkish delight for Emma.  I bought some Bakewell Tarts for Marie Louise just because.

At IKEA, they didn't have the bookcase or the nightstand I was after.  Temporarily unavailable.  Then I saw a really pretty tablecloth on display and asked about it and it is sold out.

Ever since the pandemic, IKEA needs to adopt the tagline, get used to disappointment.

We finally made it home, ate a mix of leftovers for dinner and watched The Adam Project with Mark.

Adam is my favorite person to not get our to do list accomplished with.

Sunday we woke up to more snow.  We got home from church and Emma was here.  She stopped by on her way home from Las Vegas.  She went to the Taylor Swift concert with Marianne's girls and had a great time.

We ate and visited and listened to music (I fell asleep on the couch), then I took the Bakewell Tarts to Marie Louise and had a good visit with her.

I looked at the menacing dark clouds on the horizon.

I hope we will have outside recess today; we got more snow.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails