Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Encouragement

Yesterday was another teacher work day.  I've heard more than one parent complain about teacher work days, because we have more of them than they want.

We have more than I want too.

We are doing online LETRS training, which is a reading program.  It is useful and also the days are SO long.  I was in my classroom and every chance I got, I would go into Janelle's room to chat.  I just needed to walk around for one thing.

I was not made to sit at a desk all day.

Also, at some point in the afternoon, I realized, "I am REALLY cold."

I noticed it was 63 degrees in my classroom!  Which isn't great.

So I went home cold and weary (time change!).  And then I remembered something that happened on the way to school that encouraged and lifted me.

Before leaving home, I texted Janelle that I would get Swig (Miriam was out of town or I would have picked her one up too).  I placed my order at Swig and it used up one gift card so I fished out another gift card.  I told the girl working, "I'm a teacher so I always have several of these cards."  They are the teacher gift of choice and I'm not sad about it.

She said, "What do you teach?"

I said, "Third grade."

She said, "I loved my third grade teacher!"  She went on to tell me his name and why she liked him so much.

People remember their 3rd grade teacher.  I want the memories to be good ones.  The Swig drive thru:  you never know when you'll get inspiration to keep on trying.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Way to go, Third Grade Teacher! I loved mine too!

Geri said...

Mrs. Murray with the multiplication star chart on her coat cupboard door.

Mark Dahl said...

I was in a 3rd 4th split and my 3rd grade teacher was nice but didn't teach us much. She wasn't a favorite, but you are Thelma.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails