Pages

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Spring-ish

The calendar says it is spring.  I have about 3 inches of daffodils shooting up.  

For two mornings in a row, there's been fresh snow.  It's only up where we live and doesn't last the day, but we're clearly not fully invested in spring yet.

Still, I've stopped wearing my puffy coat on principle.  

We've started soliciting season.  The doorbell rings and there is an urgent knock and if I'm not smart enough to know better, I answer the door.  It's inevitably a tall blonde kid with floppy hair and a polo shirt or jacket with the insignia of whatever they are selling.

They are invariably "in the neighborhood" offering whatever service and are named Logan or Preston or Jackson or some other variation of the same.

It comes with the warmer weather and later daylight.  Sometimes I tell them I am sorry, but we have "no soliciting" like it's a policy that I'm beholden to and have no control over.  Sometimes I just say no thanks and close the door with them mid sentence.  I think it depends on how bugged I am at being interrupted.

I've forgiven daylight saving time.  It took me awhile to adjust.  I'm basically a toddler and struggle when my schedule is disrupted, but I love the longer days.  I love daylight while I'm making dinner.  I love the fat bumps on the tree out the window that will soon be green leaves.

1 comment:

Clarissa Johnson said...

Ok, your description of Summer Sales bros made me laugh so much! I'm SOOO ready for Spring.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails