Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Back to School night

 Last night was back to school night and I was thrilled to meet my students!  They are super cute and I am up to 28 and I have my work cut out for me!

There was a group of four boys who all arrived around the same time.  They were happy to see each other and quickly selected bordering desks.  

They are all the little brothers of former students so I know their parents.  One said, "I'm not sure that will work..." as the boys were excitedly talking over each other.

I said, "I'm not worried about it.  I can move them in about 5 seconds if I need to."

One of the other moms said, "And we're not worried about you doing that!"

Another mom said, "We're just taking bets on how many minutes it will last on the first day."

It was exhausting and exhilarating and chaotic all at once.

So. Much. Smiling.

I drove home in the craziest weather I've ever been in.  There was hail so loud Adam and I couldn't hear each other talk when he called.  There was basically a river rushing down State Street and more rivers joining on each cross street.  The entire shoulder was full of people who had pulled over so there was nothing to do but go forward.  As I was driving through the torrents of water, I had images of cars floating in similar situations.  Luckily my little Joan was up for the challenge!  As soon as we got nearer home, where we were climbing uphill, it was much better. 

The teachers were sending each other I hope you made it home OK emails and there was flooding in some basements in Orem, but hopefully everyone is all right.

Now I know everyone's preferred names, I'm off to label everything within an inch of its life.

Tomorrow is the first day!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Good luck!

Mark Dahl said...

Thank goodness for the PTA so you can eat.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails