Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Crossing The Rubicon

With only a few weeks left of the school year, I am feeling bittersweet.  I'm happy because, "Yay, it's summer!  I'll have more time and more sunshine.  What's not to love?"

But this is the last year of homeschooling all three children exclusively.  After this, I'll still be homeschooling but not all three of them all day.  I told my dad, "It feels like the end of something."

He said, "Or the beginning."

I said, "No.  The end."

I've put more of myself into homeschooling my children than I have into any other pursuit.  And I know I've gotten more out of it than they have.  I've learned an incredible amount. I've learned things like what crossing the Rubicon means.  I've learned a lot about managing my time and prioritizing.  I've learned to pray (really pray) and that I'm not alone in the task of educating my children. I've learned that it's OK with me if people disapprove of my choice.

Mostly though, I've really, really enjoyed being with my children.

What a blessing all that lovely time spent with them has been.

Every day as my children have been aggravating me, stretching my skills and trying my patience, they've also been charmingly entertaining me and enriching my days.

Yesterday, I explained Mark's math assignment to him.  I said, "Do you get how to do this?"

He said, "Yes, but Mom?  I would be delighted if you would do this page for me."

Laughing, I handed the paper to Mark.

And believe me, the delight is all mine.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails