Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Laundry

One of the great meetings at BYU Women's Conference was a moving presentation by Silvia Allred and Barbara Thompson,  the General Relief Society counselors.  They spoke about humanitarian aid the church has been involved with and showed video clips.

I was particularly touched by this woman from the Dominican Republic:

Howard Collett, LDS Philanthropies
Mayerlinth Reyes is fitted with two prosthetic legs while her daughter watches. Her new mobility will enable her to provide and care for her family.


This woman lost both of her legs as a result of an accident.  The video clip showed her with her new prosthetic legs, thrilled to be able to have the mobility she wanted.  She mentioned she was now able to do things like laundry and take care of her family.

I thought about how grateful I am for my two legs.

I'm grateful for my ability to do laundry.

And today I have plenty of laundry doing to be grateful about.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I will appreciate my legs more today while doing my pile of laundry.

I love your new blog look!

Deseret said...

I'm glad you had a good time at Womans Comfrece! But I bet youre kids missed you! any way I also Love your new blog look!

Deseret said...

I like your new blog. It is cool!

This is Clarissa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails