Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Emergency Preparedness



We're having a deck built in our back yard.  (I will post pictures when it's done...and you should also come over for a BBQ when it's done.  Unless you're a stalker.  Then stay away.)

Part of the deck is covered and the roof is outside our bedroom window.

Adam and Mark were surveying the scene out the window the other night and the following conversation ensued:

Mark:  If the house was on fire, we could throw the fan at the window to break it then rip the screen out.  Mom could go first and we could go out on the roof and then drop to the ground.

Adam:  Or we could open the window.

Mark:  Yeah, I guess.


Did he want me to go first in a magnanimous gesture of chivalry?  Or did he want me to be the first one to clear out shards of broken glass?

I didn't ask.




btw:  I survived the dentist.  It was a nice dentist office.  I don't want to build a summer home there, but it was a nice dentist office.  Sadly, I have a cavity, but if that is the only damage to my teeth, considering their neglect, I guess I'll take it.  Heather made all the difference.  I felt much more comfortable being in the hands of someone I know and trust.  Some people need a buddy to exercise.  Some people need a buddy to go to the dentist.

2 comments:

Clarissa Johnson said...

That's exciting that you're building a deck. Now we have to come visit you to see it.

Olivia Cobian said...

When's the BBQ? I'm not a stalker.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails