Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

When You've Got to Do What You've Got to Do

Yesterday afternoon I had a to do list.  Like every other day.

After the piano lesson run and mailing packages at the post office, my plan was to:

-organize the pictures I am going to order from Costco before my coupon expires

-finish refinishing the Finnish shelf I bought for our bathroom (it's not really Finnish, I just thought that would contribute to the sentence)

-clean the computer desk in the school room

-put away all the sundry items on the dresser in our bedroom

-exercise

-correct schoolwork and prepare school for tomorrow

-help Mark practice the piano

-fold the laundry

Here's what I did instead:

I read Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games).  All 391 pages.  In one afternoon.  It was an emergency.  I'm late arriving at The Hunger Games party.  I was scared to read them.  We read it for book club though and I have officially been swept up.

After reading all afternoon, I felt a little dizzy.  And guilty.

But the world didn't end.

And today I'll be the picture of productivity.  (I promise.)

3 comments:

Clarissa Johnson said...

I do that too. It's alright.

Katie said...

I just picked up that book from the library! I'm excited to get into it.

Marianne said...

Finishing refinishing the Finnish shelf made me laugh out loud.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails