Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

I Spy



On Saturday, we heard there was a gray whale swimming near the mouth of the Snohomish River.  Of course Adam thought we should go see if we could spot it. Because he's Adam.

We went to Grand Avenue to survey the scene and also because we love Grand Avenue and would make any excuse to go there.


Adam said, "We like it so much, we should move here."

Braeden looked stricken and said, like he always does, "But I don't want to move."  What Braeden doesn't know is that we're not millionaires and so couldn't afford those houses that call my name.  The only way we'll be moving there anytime soon is if we get hired as scullery maids by the current residents.  If you could see my children's rooms you'd know that's never going to happen.  We'd never make the vetting process to become maids.

We saw some kite surfers, drank in the landscape, hugged a tree,



and performed some acrobatics.



(I took most these pictures from the van.  I was cold.  Just like how Adam can be depended on to seek a little adventure, I can be depended on to seek a little warmth.)

We drove down to the marina, parked next to the DO NOT FLY KITES sign, and watched some guys flying a kite.  (Until someone in an official capacity came along and told them to stop.)

It was perfect kite flying weather though.


A little windy, but my descendants have never let the elements dampen their good time.  (Adam took these pictures.  I was in the van.  It was cold.  Have I mentioned that?)



We never did see that whale but the sky was so beautiful, I don't think any of us minded.



The End.

2 comments:

Deseret said...

It looks so pritty there but you shouldn't be sad about cold yesterday it snowed/haled/raned/moresnowed all afternoon!!! Any way I like Emma's shirt I wish you guys could come to the MCT agin this year!!!!!
Desi

Clarissa Johnson said...

That sounds so nice. I don't blame you for being cold. . . I'm cold now. P.S. I like Emma's shirt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails