Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Tale of Two Snacks

On any given day, about 4,000 snacks are consumed in our household.  Some of them are better than others.  I was feeling altruistic yesterday so I took pictures of my snack so you could see how easy it is to make one for your very own.

First, you start with some lackluster string cheese (but these guys are destined for greatness).


Two because Braeden wanted some too.

Then you put the cheese in an ungreased pan over medium/medium low heat...it depends on how vigilant you want to be.

Next, press the cheese down as it gets melty so it will spread flat.


I guess you could use a spatula for this but then there's no chance you'll get burned and where's the adventure in that?


Flip the cheese over when it starts to get toasty brown.


Mine got a little disheveled because I don't flip gracefully but you get the idea.


And then that's it.

Through some chemical reaction wizardry, the cheese becomes chewy and salty and crispy and so, so good.  (I can't take credit, my friend Stephanie told me how to do this.)

So you could see a happy customer, I took pictures of Braeden before his was completely consumed.

I told him to "sell the deliciousness":







I think he really has a future in something completely unrelated.


Really though.  It's good stuff.

Many's the long night I've dreamed of cheese--toasted, mostly.
Robert Louis Stevenson

Snack Number Two:
Last night Mark said, "Mom, do you want to know something really awful that I ate?"  Why, of course Mark.  What mom doesn't love to hear those words?

Mark said "It's called Milky Mushy Delight.  Do you want to know how I made it?"

(Not really.)

He continued, "I got a cold pancake and some milk and sugar and syrup and then I heated it for 4 seconds.  It wasn't good at all."

He did eat it though.

I didn't get any pictures. I think Milky Mushy Delight happened when I was upstairs, on the phone, with Janet.  My children do some of their best work at times like that.

2 comments:

Janet said...

YUM!! That looks really good. I think I will try it . . . like, right now.

Marianne said...

I love the pictures of Braeden. He is great at selling deliciousness

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails