Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Somebody Alert Wall Street



When I graduated from high school (almost 20 years ago...I know, I don't look that old.  Do I?  Do I? Never mind.) my mom, among other things, gave me office supplies.  I didn't realize I'd need them (because when I lived at home I always found that kind of stuff in my mom's desk) but they were a brilliant gift.  I've used the (left handed) scissors, tape dispenser, and stapler all these years.  She also bought me a box of staples.

5000 of them.

And I use staples.  Every day I staple history pages together.  Or literature.  Or phonics.

This past weekend, I ran out of staples. 

Yesterday I went to Target and bought a new box of staples.  5000 more for the next 20 years.  It cost $1.29.  I will never pretend to be a financial adviser but if you want to make a sound investment, I'd put my money on staples.

What a deal!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I am excited because I have been so very busy and I haven't been on your blog for a long time and I'm catching up now. What a happy thing to do!

What kind of stapler do you have? I can't find one that lasts well. So I never staple anything.

Olivia Cobian said...

I still have my stapler from Cor too. The tape dispenser has gone the way of the world. I guess Marianne didn't get included in those gifts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails