Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Jittery

Good news:  Today I'm going to see my friend Heather.

Bad news:  She's works for a dentist.

She's going to clean my teeth and promised me after one of my posts about dentistry (and I seem to write about it a lot despite the angst/because of the angst) that she'd take good care of me.

Yesterday I mustered my courage and made an appointment.

For today.

Good, I thought.  I'll get it over with.

Then I remembered the death-bed-repentance-flossing that I needed to do.  Rats.  Now there's no time for that.  Yesterday when I sent Heather a facebook message telling her/warning her that I was coming to see her, she kindly wrote back that I should let her know what she could do to make me feel more comfortable.

I didn't answer, but now that I've thought about it:

Dear Heather,

Please pretend like I DO floss.  Please ignore any problems that need attention.  Please just hit me over the head with a shoe so I can be unconscious the whole time.

I love the comedian Mitch Hedberg as much as I don't like going to the dentist.  Here's what he said about it all:

I can't get into the whole flossing thing.  People who smoke cigarettes, they say "You don't know how hard it is to quit smoking." Yes I do. It's as hard as it is to start flossing.  

"You seem jittery."

"Yeah, I'm about to floss."

I'll let you know how it goes.

Assuming I survive.

7 comments:

Clarissa Johnson said...

I know how you feel. Flossing is hard (espesially with braces!)

Katie said...

I HATE flossing. I do get a break when I'm pregnant because whenever I brush my teeth or try to floss I throw-up and well it's super fun....
The bad part is Ruby is 5 months old and Tabor keeps telling me that I won't throw-up so I need to floss.

lifeatthewhitehouse said...

I hope that I passed....you did awesome, by the way :) I feel flattered that I actually got to be featured in one of your wonderful posts....that being said, I give you leave to vent over how terrible it all was! Ha ha!

Tabor said...

How do you sleep at night without flossing?

Tabor said...

How do you sleep at night without flossing?

Tabor said...

I am sorry I sent that twice. I'm not much.

Olivia Cobian said...

I agree with Tabor (and thought he must have meant to put it twice--it was worth repeating). Flossing is just something I must do before I go to bed. Still cavity-free after all these years. Unfortunately, I'm not as consistent with my children's pearly whites & Lili and Ru have both already had cavities.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails