Pages

Monday, September 25, 2017

A good weekend to have a good weekend

The Sebras invited us to go to the BYU Dance Concert that showcases the International Dance Ensemble, Theater Ballet, Living Legends, Ballroom Dance Company,  and Contemporary Theater Dance.

Braeden and Emma ran into Tim Sebra earlier that day (he works at BYU) and he told them we were going to the concert together.

Braeden said to me, "Congratulations on having friends."  I know, right?

We loved the concert.  Well, mostly.  Contemporary dance isn't always our thing.  Adam called them the BYU Wedgie Ensemble in a nod to their skin tight outfits.

That same night we left Mark in charge because a group of eight 20 year-olds descended on our basement to play games and watch It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. (My boys love that crazy movie--I think mostly because they aspire to be Sylvester.  "I'm coming for you Mama!")  Adam and I got them pizza before we left.  When Braeden and his crew were teenagers, the formula was a pizza per boy.  We got 6 pizzas this time and there were a few pieces leftover.  Fun fact:  20 year-olds eat less than teenage boys.

Saturday night Emma and I went with the Porters to Salt Lake City for the Women's Broadcast.



It was amazing and we had great seats.  General Conference time is the best time.  The talks from our leaders are inspiring and soul expanding and just wonderful.  Nola and I both cried a bit.  And she gave my name at the restaurant because she said no one ever gets hers right.  So she gave my name?  Nothing confuses the kids taking names at restaurants like Thelma.  I usually give the name Emma.  Emma said that is identity theft but I told her if I gave you the name in the first place, I can use it.

I think that's how the world works?

We had a good time.  Emma and Sara are both in BYU Women's Chorus and Louisa is in PGHS Advanced Women's Choir.  Coincidentally they are all singing the same song in their choirs and sing three different parts.  They sang in the van and it was awesome.

Sara said, "This one part fills my dissonance needs."

I didn't know people had dissonance needs but I can't sing like those girls so what do I know?

Also Saturday Mark changed the name of Fam-a-lam to Iran Hostage Crisis.  That was his way of saying this:

 
Emma changed the name back then this happened:


She's, you know, super sympathetic.

And I don't know what there is to complain about Fam-a-lam.  It makes me happy every day:


I don't know what looting rain is but who am I to judge?

Sunday Braeden spoke in church and my family came:


Marianne and I agreed to both wear our black floral dresses and spend the entire morning curling our hair.  Or maybe it just turned out that way.

Braeden said it "warmed the cockles of his heart" to see his family there.

Mine too.

We had about 30 for lunch after church.  Everyone brought good food so it was easy to feed the group.  I had been hoping it could be an outside affair but the weather was terrible (cold and rainy) so we were inside.  It worked pretty well but I haven't had the courage to go to the basement yet.

It was a wonderful weekend.  I appreciated spending time with friends and family. I appreciated feeling uplifted and loved.

Love conquers all.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I realized today that I didn't even think to go check out your basement before we left. I am so sorry!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails