Pages

Monday, September 11, 2017

Golden days



Today I have a flag flying in my front yard to remember September 11, 2001.  (Today I'm grateful I'm no longer a YW leader so I don't have to mess with putting flags in yards in the neighborhood.)

September 11 makes me feel grateful for heroes and grateful for the bucolic peaceful place I live.

Today I am thinking about hurricanes and fires and earthquakes.  (And again, I feel grateful for this place where I find myself.)

Sometimes weeks when nothing much is happening are the best thing in the world.

Braeden came over for lunch on Saturday (and invited some of his friends).  The first thing he did when he walked in the door was open the refrigerator.  (Well, first he hugged me.)  I love feeding people I love.  Emma stopped by that night because she was in the neighborhood.  She told us all about the concert she attended the night before and her job review she got from the theater and the Women's Chorus things she's excited about.  Sometimes you just need a visit from Emma.

Sunday they both came over for the afternoon.  I told my kids earlier the Pax Thelma was when I was at BYU but I was wrong.

The Golden Age is right now.  We ate good food and played games and brainstormed ideas for a group date Braeden is planning.  Adam and Mark periodically checked on the score and would report it to us.  (It wasn't a good weekend sports wise around here--BYU, the Mariners and the Seahawks all lost.)  We laughed a lot and teased each other.

Adam had an "interview" with each college kid about all the everything and I walked in and kept interrupting and changing the subject accidentally.

Adam loves me anyway.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails