Pages

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Me and my ideas

When I home schooled all three, we had three drop down desks attached to the wall in our school room.  Once the big kids went to school, I took two of the desks down.  I painted a sign on one and the other one I kept for the next time I wanted to paint a sign.  (Sometimes you just need to paint a sign.)

All these years later, I did indeed want to paint a sign.  I showed Adam what I wanted and I asked him to help with the proportions.  I can't do it if it has anything to do with being exact or measuring or planning.

Or explaining apparently.

I didn't explain what I wanted effectively and Adam wasn't producing the results I wanted.  "Emma would be able to do this!" I said petulantly.  (I miss Emma.)

Adam assured me he could do it, if I explained what I wanted.  So I did.  I wanted him to help me figure out the spacing and then I would free hand it in my wonky way because it's the only way I know how to live my life.

Adam said I should paint the board with chalkboard paint and then write it in chalk.  Genius!  Then if the wonkiness was too wonky, I could erase and start over.

I bought a can of chalkboard spray paint.  Maybe it was the brand (Valspar) or maybe it was that particular can or maybe it was user error (but I've spray painted a lot of stuff in my life).  In any case, it was a disaster.  It dried all splotchy and spotty so I went to the store to buy the kind of chalkboard paint you brush on.

From the spray paint debacle, the bottoms of my feet were black (from walking around barefoot in the garage on the cardboard in the over spray).

Mark surveyed my feet and wondered if he could write in chalk on them.

Yep.



So there's that.  The bottoms of my feet are nice little chalkboards.

I will let you know how it goes with the rest of the project (or it may continue to be a disaster and we'll never speak of it again).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails