Pages

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Curiosity

Maybe it's because I took "curiosity killed the cat" as a cautionary tale.  Maybe it's because my mom read us Alice in Wonderland and her curiosity resulted in all sorts of crazy run ins.  I don't know if I'm abnormally not curious or Adam is uber curious.  In either case, there's a vast difference between us.

Coincidentally (?) he knows a lot more than I do.

Sometimes he'll ask me things about where I grew up and I will realize it never even occurred to me to wonder that.

Sometimes he'll tell me about an article he read in the paper and I'll realize that I read that headline but wasn't curious enough to read the article.

He can talk to anyone about anything because he has a ton of questions about their lives.

The other day I texted Emma a picture of the finished product of my new chalkboard (mostly because I want her to know that the more often she comes to see me the more I will adore her--positive reinforcement!):


Emma is the same kind of curious/smarty pants as her dad and she texted back asking if that is a Gaelic blessing.

I said that it was a variation on an Irish blessing I saw.

She asked, "Isn't that Gaelic?"

I texted back something intelligent like "IDK".

I asked Adam and he said what he thought, then he started googling.

Later, he came to me with his newfound knowledge about Irish/Welsh/Scottish/Gaelic/Celtic languages and how they're all related.

He's curious.  And he's smart.  And I'm glad he's mine.  (Because sometimes even I wonder about things.)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails