Pages

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Location, location, location



For all the times I thought What have we done? by moving to Utah, it all makes a lot more sense since our kids started college.

Because they're close and I love it!

Yesterday they came over for lunch.  Then Emma went to hang out with some non BYU friends and the rest of us went on an adventure.  Even though I had promised never to go to the top of Lake Mountain again because the road is like torture, Braeden had never been.

The things we do for our children....

Adam had me drive and that made a tremendous difference.  The road was still like torture but a lesser torture.  Or maybe I've just driven on Pleasant Grove streets long enough that I'm not phased by terrible roads anymore.  Also it was fun having these two in the back seat.


I wasn't driving yet when I took this pictures, as evidenced by the mess of hair over on the side there.

The boys enjoy each other and I enjoy that.  Sweet Caroline came on the radio and the sounds coming from the back seat were not too pretty (I think Neil Diamond was crying somewhere).  They were feeling the music deeply though.


Then for the rest of the day whenever I took their picture, they held onto each other's heads.  I gave up about 15 years ago trying to understand these kids.


It is a spectacular view if you can handle the road.

weirdos

After a quick game of King of the Hill, we headed back down.


We drove to the Camp Floyd cemetery which is always interesting and stopped by Fairfield and drove through Cedar Fort and it was a lovely day.

They had to hurry back to BYU for their various ward activities and then it was back to the three of us. And the three of us isn't a bad gig.  It's hard to be uncheered by Adam and Mark.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails