Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Little Charmer

Last night, declaring he was full, Mark rinsed the remnants of his dinner down the sink.

Then he put his plate in the dishwasher.

As he was closing it, with a bang, he said, "Mom!  I have a great idea!"

"What?" I asked distractedly because I was listening to Braeden and Emma simultaneously and putting away my rice cooker (mothers are multi-taskers if nothing else and all three of my children like to talk to me at the same time).

"If we sold the dishwasher, " Mark said, enthusiastically (he says everything enthusiastically),"we could use the sink and soap to wash the dishes."

What a novel idea.

"Then with all the money we get from selling the dishwasher, we could buy food."

"So you could put it down the sink?" I asked.

He looked a little sheepish and also disappointed that I wasn't jumping on the bandwagon of his fabulous idea.

"Well," he said, "We could buy good food."

I'm either going to sell him or make him wash all the dishes (using the sink and soap) for the next 10 years.

I haven't decided yet.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Tell Mark we have been using the sink and soap method for 9 days around here (but who's counting?) If he'd like to visit, we'd put him to work.

Cnbztribe said...

I know the feeling of having all your kids talking to you at once. It's especially interesting when my husband joins in.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails