Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

My People



Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.
Anthony Brandt

Saturday I talked to my brother Tabor.  He's about as delightful as anyone in this world.  I can say that because he doesn't read my blog and won't get a big head.  If you ever need a laugh, call Tabor and have him explain to you about Jim Bridger.  He'll know what I'm talking about.

I also bought Tabor a Christmas gift on Saturday.  I can't say what it is because Tabor might start reading this blog.  You never know.  He might get that bored.

I also, on Saturday, talked to my mom twice, Marianne, Olivia and Jennifer.  These are good women.  These are strong women.  These are incredibly strong women.

The house does not rest upon the ground, but upon a woman.
Mexican Proverb

(Their various houses are in good hands.)

I am tremendously blessed to have my mother and sisters.  I am further and forever blessed by the stellar women my brothers married.  I could go on and on and on.  And on. 

Life can be hard.  Hard things happen and we can get hurt and pummeled and left for near dead.

But then our family comes along.  I have been buoyed my family.  And I will do anything and everything to buoy them.

I love them.

All of them.

Even the ones that don't read my blog.

2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

I love you, Pard. And I'm glad to be part of your people.

Hannah Stevenson said...

I hope I am included in this. I'm so thankful to claim you as "family". And I agree that those women you named are some of the strongest most amazing women I know. Loved the quotes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails