Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

An Unexpected Victim of Terrrorism

I heard on the radio that body scanners are going to be installed at SeaTac airport this week.  The scanners take x-ray pictures of people that show what's under their clothes.

I've been thinking about the people who have to view the body scans.

Those unfortunate people! Talk about terrorism.

I mean, I've seen the public.  We're not exactly super-models.  I've seen enough flesh hanging out of too skimpy clothes that I'm pretty sure I don't want to see more.

I can imagine the body scanner readers trudging to work, feeling impending doom as they watch passengers schelp along balancing their luggage, huge lattes and Cinnabon boxes. 

As a passenger will I feel more safe as a result of these body scans?  Will I feel creeped out and violated? Or, will I just feel really, really grateful that I don't have to view the body scans?

The only upside I can see is that IF you are afraid of public speaking, AND you have a public speaking engagement coming up, AND you're a body scan reader, you're in luck.

You know the whole, "imagine the audience naked" thing.

Imagine the airport naked!  You'll feel more confident and less nervous!

(Or more creeped out and violated.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails