Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sweet More Than Bitter


The relentless growing, growing, growing of children is bittersweet.  There are things I miss.

But then there are things I don't.

On Sunday afternoon, I was lying on my bed, near sleep.  I heard Braeden come up the stairs.  I recognize each one of my family members by the way they walk.

There were days I never would have dreamed of napping if Braeden were awake.

There were days that if he would have found me with my eyes closed, he would have pried them open with chubby fingers.

There were days he would have thought me napping was code for me wanting to field requests from him.

And then there are these days.

I heard Braeden softly click my open door shut and tiptoe away.  He not only didn't disturb me, he wanted to prevent anyone else from bothering me.

These days are not bad.

1 comment:

Hannah Stevenson said...

Oh WOW! This post gives me hope especially after "nap time" today but makes me a little sad too...I think I'll really miss the chubby fingers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails