Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Parent Teacher Conference Report

Caution:  this girl has been homeschooled.

Last week was parent teacher conferences in our neck of the woods.  We visited Emma's teacher first.  When we asked her how Emma was doing she said,  "I was really surprised.  I didn't know what to expect since Emma was homeschooled but she's doing fine."

Thanks...I guess.

My favorite part of Braeden's conferences was meeting with his band teacher.  He asked Adam and me if we were musicians.  We said, "Not really."

He looked at my burly husband and decided a football analogy was in order.  He talked about how on a football team, everyone needed to work together and that's how band was as opposed to say, a math class.

Luckily he used small enough words that Adam could understand.

When we mentioned to Braeden's teachers that he had been homeschooled, that this was his first school experience, they didn't even attempt to hide their shock.

His science teacher said, "You would never have guessed!  He's so...social!  He does so well!  He participates in class."

His P.E. teacher said, "Well, you can't even tell he was homeschooled.  That's a credit to you I guess.  Usually homeschooled kids are whiny...I mean... aggressive and can't do things."

Really?

I kind of didn't know how to take all the shock and horror regarding his homeschooling...the "compliments" that you can't even tell.  I guess we're beating the odds somehow.  What did they expect?  That the poor homeschooled kid would walk into walls and trip over his shoelaces?

It's OK though.

I didn't ever decide to homeschool to impress people (that would have been a failure!).  Not even middle school teachers.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

What a beautiful picture of Emma! You can't even tell she's been homeschooled!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails