Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Everyday magic

Yesterday there was a swarm of yellow butterflies around the blossoming tree in our front yard.  A swarm.  And then a gust of wind came along and they were gone.

Sometimes things don't last long enough to take a picture.

**
*

Also yesterday, since I wasn't working, Emma was my buddy.  We cleaned the pantry and went to Costco and she was my sidekick like she was a toddler but I 100% guarantee it was harder when she was a toddler.  We also did some weeding and she mowed the lawn.  She's working on getting a summer job to supplement her theater job but in the meantime, I will relish the time.

**
*

My dear friend Marie Louise came over and we worked on family history together, like we do.  I consider her family to be my family and she showed me some pictures from Family Search of some of them and she found that one of "our" family members was killed during a bombing raid in World War II and she had a picture of a memorial to him and others in the town that were killed at the same time.

These are more than just names on a screen.  I am fully intending to 1) go to Berkshire someday which I'm increasingly familiar with and 2) meet all these people in heaven.  Even though they all have the same names and marry people that have the same names as their parents which confuses me regularly, I have infinite fondness for all of them.

**
*

Desi came over for dinner last night.  We got to catch up on her Hawaiian adventures and just bask in the sunshine she takes with her wherever she goes.  Nieces were a very good invention.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails