Pages

Friday, May 31, 2019

Grateful Friday

I'm grateful I'm not having a stroke.  I smelled something spicy, as in autumnal spicy, and no one else did.  I would say, "Where is that smell coming from?" and Emma would tell me I was probably having a stroke.

Yesterday I found a broken scented plug-in wallflower in the corner of the laundry room (that I think Miss Emma had knocked over because she had been the last one doing laundry).

So.  I'm not having a stroke.  There's that.

**
*

I'm grateful for my mom.  Whenever I talk to her and tell her all the things, she says, "I know."

And here's the thing.  She 100% does.  Because she had a son diagnosed with type 1 diabetes too.

**
*

I'm grateful that every single day Braeden and Emma ask me, "What can I do today to help you?"

**
*

I'm grateful for Anna.  Last night Adam and I took Braeden and Anna shopping for a suit for the groom.  Anna and I went to the bathroom together (she pointed out that in Harry Potter, only bad things happen when a girl goes to the bathroom alone...safety in numbers).  While I was drying my hands and she was washing hers, I said something about hoping I hadn't been too negative over dinner earlier.  She hugged me right then and there, wet hands and all.  She said, "I love you all so much!"

The feeling is so mutual.

**
*

I'm grateful for a new day to try again.  My to do list is getting longer rather than shorter despite all my efforts.  New things get added faster than I can keep up.  Adam said awhile ago, "You don't have to be Nostradamus to interpret our dreams."  I dreamt last night that there was a big spider in my bed and I couldn't kill it.  I kept trying and trying and it kept running around.

But today's a new day.  I'm going to get things done.  (And besides Braeden would be happy I couldn't kill the spider.  He's one of those people that coaxes bugs outside rather than squash them.)

**
*

Last weekend, I was in my office and heard rapid footsteps running up from the basement.  Then I heard Mark walk through the main floor, singing.  I almost cried because I realized how long it had been since I had heard that.

Mark gained 15 pounds in one week.  It's probably mostly water but he is looking so much healthier!

Mark and I were at Costco a few days ago and an older lady who was really tiny approached us.  "Can I use your muscles?" she asked.

"Sure," Mark said.

She had him lift something heavy off the shelf and onto the bottom of her cart.  He did it easily and I feel like my boy is back.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails