Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Wonder of wonders

I got some good news yesterday.  I have a job!  I mean, I already had a job, but I got a legit TEACHING job!

I am excited.

I will be teaching at the same school (which I'm thrilled about) and I will be the humanities specialty teacher.  It's a brand new position so there's a lot I need to learn and discover.  There will be some training and a million questions to direct at the powers that be but hopefully I will figure it out.

I would have been happy to get a job in a typical classroom--and I still may do that someday--but this also feels about perfect.  It is part-time which is ideal with Mark still at home and teaching humanities is kind of the role I was born to play.  Emma told me she's a humanities major because of me and my love of that kind of stuff.  I will be teaching drama, art and music which are subjects I love.

I am so excited!

I love drama and art and music.  And teaching.  And the school.  And the students there.  And the teachers.

(Also I need Emma to teach me everything she knows really fast before she goes to Paris.  It is a case of the student eclipsing the teacher with that one.)


3 comments:

Geri said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You will be great. You've been preparing all the years you had the positions of Mom and Head Homeschool Teacher at the Davis School. Proud of you recertifying, getting a position and reaching your goal.

Megan said...

That's so awesome! If these students pick-up half of what you kids did in that department from you then they'll be great! What a cool position.

Gwilliam Fam said...

I am so happy for you and your school is very smart to create a position and snap you up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails