Pages

Friday, February 28, 2020

Grateful Friday

Yesterday I sat in the outer office (I was waiting to talk to the principal).  I was chatting with one of the secretaries and one of the teachers.  The teacher was also having a skirmish with the copy machine.  The secretary was messing with a fidget spinner that someone had left on her desk.  We considered all the destructive ways our students would deal with the fidget spinner.

I leaned back in the comfy chair I had been directed to when I started my wait for the principal and we compared notes on the day.  For my part, I had a student throw up (twice) inside his shirt because he was embarrassed and didn't want everyone to see and I confiscated the Kleenex because there were piles of used Kleenex all over and THAT HAS TO STOP.  From now on they can come and ask me for one and I can make sure it gets thrown away.

(I went to college for this. On purpose.  I don't know.)

Also, I'm probably going to develop the immune system of a superhero.

What I'm grateful for is the easy and companionable feeling of sitting in the comfy chair in the office and talking to the other women, battle weary from the day.  I know for a fact because I have witnessed it first hand that they are both in possession of big hearts and steely wills.  We are in this together because deep down, we truly love it.

(Just not the nasty parts. Seriously.)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails