Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2020

Happiness is...

...two simple words:  no cavities.  Mark and I went to the dentist yesterday.

...finding the perfect resource to teach something online.  Teachers Pay Teachers is my love language.

...sunshine.

...seeing the looks on my students' faces when I read to them.  I just finished Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and I loved seeing their delight.

...serendipity.  I brought little Hershey's bars (the tiny ones with four little squares) because we were starting fractions and food always helps.  1/4 of a chocolate bar, you get the idea.  They had been telling me I needed to bring them chocolate when I finished the book.  It just worked out on the same day and they thought I had fulfilled their wish.  Also, they made little Golden Tickets to show me and I told them all they could come to my chocolate factory.

...Emma's concert tonight.  I've missed going to her concerts.

...outsmarting Mark.  He hasn't fully recovered from the exhaustion related to his show.  Partly because he has a bad cold and partly because he worked until 10:30 the other night.  Yesterday he was lying on the couch with his head lolling.  I asked, "Do you have homework?"  He moaned and groaned and said something unintelligible.  I remembered I had a Costa Vida gift card one of my students gave me for Christmas.  I asked him if he wanted to go there for dinner.  He perked up a little and said yes.

I said, "As soon as your homework's done, we'll go."

And I went upstairs and he got right to work.  I don't care how tired that kid is, he loves Costa Vida.

The thing causing me the most happiness:  Adam is coming home from his business trip.  I like having him around.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails