Pages

Monday, February 24, 2020

Weekend with Adam

When we realized Saturday was opening day of spring training, we scrapped our Sunday meal plans in favor of ballpark food.  Seasons need to be acknowledged.

We all wore Mariner's shirts (and gave Desi one to wear.)  I decorated the table with a succulent and a baseball (I didn't have a cactus and it's the Cactus League for spring training).



I also pulled out this pennant Braeden and Anna gave Adam for Christmas.


Desi was very patient with us, listening to us rhapsodize about baseball and Dave Niehaus and our favorite Mariners.

I never even watched a baseball game before marrying Adam.

***

Saturday night, Adam and I tried to watch Sanditon but I was sound asleep at 9:00 p.m.  I said, "I don't know what's wrong with me."

Adam said, "You're old."

That seemed like a pretty sassy thing to say for someone who is the exact same age as I am.

***

Adam asked me to speak in church in a few weeks.  I asked for how long.  He said 10-12 minutes.  I said, "That is too long.  I can't speak for that long.  I've never spoken for that long in my life."

(I mean, besides on the phone, to my sisters or Janet.)

He said, "It's not that long."

Friday night I asked him again how long he wanted me to speak.  He said, "I already told you how long and you said no."

"Well, yeah," I said. "That's too long."

He said it wasn't too long.

I pointed out to him that I had all the power because I could sit down whenever I was done.  I said, "You should find another speaker to add."

We will see how this drama unfolds.

***

After dinner Sunday we played Cover Your Assets.  I was doing quite well until all the rats turned on me and stole my assets.  I ended up losing and Adam ended up winning.  He had about 8 times as much money as I did.

He smiled at me and said that since we were married, what was his was mine.

I like that we're married.  (And not just because he will share his fake money with me in Cover Your Assets.)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails