Pages

Thursday, January 11, 2024

In sickness and in health

Sometimes it is very obvious that I am married to a firstborn.  Two nights ago, Adam made me use the neti pot.  I hate using the neti pot and he said, "Do it anyway."  He stood there and watched me, making sure I used up the whole bottle of saline.

Later he asked, "Do you feel better?"

I said, "Yes, but I'm not going to admit that to you."

He said, "You have to use it.  Every few hours."

Being a second born, I'm sometimes the tiniest bit subversive.  He went to work and I didn't use the neti pot one time.

He also said that I should not do any dishes or laundry, even though they both needed doing.  Adam said, "I don't want to come home to these dishes being done."

Since fetching the packages off the front porch about tired me out, I was more obedient on that front.  I actively did very little.  I finished one book and started another.  I worked on my stake conference talk.  I watched a movie while I cross-stitched.  

Also, I watched the snow fall.


I crossed my fingers for a snow day.

It took Adam two and a half hours to get home.  When he called to tell me he was on his way, I still couldn't talk.  I had googled ways to get your voice back, thinking the internet knows everything and there was probably some simple trick I could employ.  I read in several places that if you have a job like a teacher or singer and use your voice a lot, you should not power through laryngitis because you could damage your vocal cords.  

Adam said, "You're not going to school tomorrow."  Since I pretty much felt like a shaky colt, I agreed.

I'm grateful for my bossy firstborn who takes care of me.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

So sorry you are still sick! Rest up! I would like to call, but maybe you don't have a voice?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails