Pages

Friday, January 26, 2024

Grateful Friday

Yesterday after school and physical therapy (which is getting harder every time!), I gratefully came home to Adam.

He had been in Phoenix and I was glad to see him.  He scraped me up off the floor like he does when I am feeling defeated.

School was hard yesterday.  It is just discouraging sometimes and that is all.

I am still not 100% healthy, but I'm gradually improving.  My students have decided my voice is no longer on Struggle Street, which is what we've been calling it.

The other day, one of them said, "I think your voice is now on OK Street."

And OK is better than struggling, so I'll take it.

I enjoy those kids, even when they discourage me.  

I have one girl who is a fashionista.  It seems like I have one every year.  She showed me all the clothes she got for Christmas and sometimes she wears her older sister's clothes and she shows me the ways they're pinned so they fit her.  She always has lots of accessories and bags and she's the one with all the fun pens the other girls covet.  

Yesterday she asked me, "When you create an outfit, what is your favorite thing?"

I think I just sat there blinking, unsure of how to proceed.  I don't think I create outfits as much as put on a shirt and pants.

She picked up the conversation where I couldn't and said, "I always start with shoes.  They are the most important thing to me."

I love the different things that matter to people and add delight on gray winter days.

It was inside recess yesterday.  Blah.  

I'm grateful for sunshine in the forecast. I'm grateful we're going to a show this weekend (Christmas gift from Geri).  I'm grateful I don't have to speak in stake conference this weekend.

I'm grateful to be Nana.  A few nights ago Braeden and Adam (from Phoenix) and I were all on a FaceTime call.  I was putting away groceries so I put down the phone.  Soon I could hear QE, "Nana where!?!  Nana where?!?"

I quickly picked the phone back up.  She rules this roost and we're her very willing subjects.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I love that! "Nana where?"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails