Pages

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Holiday brunch

Yesterday we were lucky enough to go to Olivia's for her holiday brunch.  I don't think when she started it she knew it would be such a cryfest, but it is.  And it is wonderful.

We go around the circle and talk about our past year and our upcoming year and it starts to get real really fast.  We talk about hard things in our lives and it is vulnerable but the safest place ever.  Inevitably talking of trials we've faced or are facing turns to talking about our reliance on the Savior and the Gospel.  Cue more tears.

I think the younger girls are often mystified by it all, but it occurred to me that it is a blessing for them to hear, especially their older cousins who they admire, admit to not so perfect lives.  We're all in this together.  Also it is a blessing for them to hear those same older cousins testify of Christ.  

That sisterhood is a tether in my life and I'm so grateful for those women and girls who mean so much to me and who help me remember who I am and where I belong.

We packed up and headed home, but didn't fully winterize because Adam and I decided to head back for Martin Luther King weekend in a few weeks.  

Being there makes me happy.

Being here makes me happy.

If my remaining week can live up to my very ambitious to do list before going back to school, I will be very, very happy.

(And surprised.)

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

It's always so great to have you around!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails