Pages

Friday, January 5, 2024

Grateful Friday

Yesterday I woke up with a headache.  So many plans to get stuff done.  So many plans.

Mark told me that usually our bodies wait until we have a break to shut down.  He is not wrong.  I felt worse than I have felt in a very long time.  Barely functioning.  I dragged myself downstairs for some applesauce and then slept on the couch for an hour.  I dragged myself back upstairs and back to my bed and turned on a podcast and slept right through it.  I basically slept from 10:00 PM to noon with a few dragging around breaks in between.

My poor neglected list of projects just sat in the corner.

I was very grateful when I started to feel better.  I was grateful that I didn't have anywhere to go.  I was grateful for my warm and safe and comfortable home.

Things don't always turn out how I may want them to, but it still isn't a bad life.

I'm grateful we got a dusting of snow.  Welcome winter!  


I'm grateful that Adam is returning from Phoenix today.  

Here's this though:  I was asked to speak in stake conference and if Adam can't shield me from these kinds of situations, what is he even doing going to all those meetings?


3 comments:

Marianne said...

You'll be wonderful!

Olivia Cobian said...

I can't think of a better choice as a speaker at stake conference! Not to introduce marital conflict, but maybe Adam recommended you?

Mark Dahl said...

What are you speaking on. Will it be on Zoom?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails